Adventure Store Sales and Reservations Assistant
Role: Adventure Store Sales and Reservations Assistant
Reports To: Store Supervisor and Adventure Program Manager
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 20 January 2016
Join us for an adventure…
Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures (CMRCA) is seeking an Adventure Store Sales and Reservations Assistant to serve as the main point of contact for the CMRCA Adventure Store. An ideal candidate will maintains a positive, welcoming and outgoing attitude, creates the atmosphere and feel of the adventure store.
- Opening and closing the office according to company working hours.
- Meeting and greeting all customers with a positive and caring attitude and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere at CMRCA and directing them to the appropriate department, person or place to meet their needs (i.e. smiling, speaking with customers, using music or videos to create atmosphere, creating flow in the office area, using lighting, etc.).
- Providing information and sales of all CMRCA services and equipment to all customers through all available channels (i.e. face to face, email, web, phone, etc.).
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of all CMRCA services including pricing, timing, availability, documentation, events, schedules etc. Maintaining detailed knowledge of industry standards and available products from CMRCA brands (i.e. BD, Sterling, MR, Evolv, Petzl, etc.).
- Handling postal mail, telephone and fax, taking and relaying messages to the necessary people or departments.
- Checking in members and visitors to the climbing wall in the CMRCA Membership Database.
- Maintaining a clean environment throughout all CMRCA areas (i.e. bathroom, kitchen, bouldering wall, Crazy Horse Buttress, etc.)
- Maintaining welcoming aesthetics and a sense of adventure throughout the entire adventure store (front of office, shop, bathroom area, partner board, eating areas, etc.) including light, sound, color, furniture, signage etc. to create a clean, warm professional and outdoor adventure atmosphere.
- Arranging and exhibiting merchandise to promote sales and enhance the visual appeal of the adventure store.
- Maintaining and managing current inventory of all equipment, clothing and products for sale in the adventure store including outdoor brands, CMRCA branded products, imported brands etc. (i.e. Black Diamond, Sterling, CMRCA t-shirts, rope bags, chalk bags, jewelry, food, etc.)
- Maintaining a good knowledge of the CMRCA Point of Sale (POS) system including stock levels, items, variants etc.
- Maintaining detailed and current price lists, price tags and bar codes for all available items in the adventure store. Checking all products for possible defects or faults before placing them in the adventure store for sale.
- Assisting in receiving stock and dispatching orders to wholesale customers.
- Maintaining an organized and tidy stock inventory.
- Maintaining a current CMRCA membership database.
- Providing current information and announcements about membership policies, procedures, changes etc.
- Communicating with members regularly about upcoming expirations, events, membership renewal promotions, etc.
- Ensuring all members and users of the climbing wall check-in upon arrival to use the wall.
Coordination & Organization
- Coordinating logistics for Climbing & Caving Instruction, (i.e. creating program forms, selecting staff, booking transportation for clients and staff, booking hotels, insurance, ordering food, ordering water, coordination with partners and subcontractors, etc.).
- Communicating with the Reservations and Program Coordination Department to ensure all details for daily programming, work schedules, program schedules etc. are communicated clearly.
- Maintaining current customer, hotel, agent, driver, etc. information in CRM database.
- Maintaining up to date company files (i.e. file naming, classification, location etc.).
- Maintaining a tidy and presentable work space.
- Entering income and expenses into the POS system including acting as a cashier for customers.
- Daily opening and closing of the POS system, balancing cash registers and depositing daily takings.
- Communicating with the accounting department about daily income and expenses.
- Collecting deposits and ensuring all payments are made before courses depart.
Training & Development
- Maintaining a commitment to personal and professional development by sourcing and participating in reading books, searching online, seminars, trainings, etc.
- Willing to participate actively in CMRCA courses and events (i.e. climbing courses, crag clean up day etc.)
Online Sales and Reservations
- Assisting the reservations department by maintaining current information in the online CMRCA Course Reservations file.
- Assist the agency sales department in providing information and sales of programs to agencies including collection of payments, reservations, trainings, etc.
Work Space Organization
- Ensuring that office supplies are fully stocked on a regular basis.
- Maintaining the working status of office equipment and connections (i.e. printers, phone, fax, tv, etc.)
- Maintaining a tidy and presentable work space.
- Maintaining a clean environment throughout all CMRCA areas (i.e. bathroom, kitchen, bouldering wall, Crazy Horse Buttress, etc.).
- Maintaining an active presence at CMRCA community events (i.e. movie nights, parties, etc.).
- Customer Care
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Awareness
- Stock Management
- 1-3 years of work experience in sales, retail, hospitality or related industry.
- Thai National
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Thai Driver’s license
- Basic knowledge and experience with outdoor activities
Salary and Benefits
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with skills, experience and qualifications and includes generous benefits package with paid leave per year, health insurance and opportunities for development and advancement.
CMRCA is a fast-growing dynamic organization working to raise consciousness about environmental sustainability and a more mindful world. We see a future in which authentic experience in the outdoors and living a healthy lifestyle is valued by society. We inspire organizations, communities and individuals to act sustainably and live healthy lives.
We are a family who is passionate about adventure, leadership, and culture. Everything we do is driven by our core values:
Think Like A Family
Love What You Do
Seek Growth and Development
CMRCA distributes outdoor products that are focused on providing quality technical, outdoor and adventure equipment to meet our vision is to make an outdoor, active, healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone. We represent and distribute some of the most respected outdoor brands around the world including Black Diamond, Sterling Rope, Klean Kanteen, Mad Rock Climbing, and Evolv Sports throughout Thailand and South East Asia.
CMRCA provides programming services in three key areas:
Adventure Programs – www.thailandclimbing.com
Features rock climbing, caving, and technical outdoor guiding and training services.
Experiential Education – www.progressionadventures.com
Programs for youth focus on personal development through adventure, leadership and intercultural experience.
Corporate Programs – www.progression-leadership.com
Provides leadership training and development opportunities to multi-national businesses, thai companies, and community organizations focused on developing their people.
Looking Ahead to the Future
CMRCA is working on re-branding the company under the name The Progression Group (theprogressiongroup.com). The Progression Group envisions a world that has progressed to a more advanced state ensuring everyone is mindful of our actions and maintaining a sustainable future. Our mission is to inspire this global awareness through adventure, leadership and authentic inter-cultural experience. Our core values provide the road map for how we behave and implement our strategy. The Progression Group has four key brands that help us work toward our vision. These are not yet complete and therefore the urls do not consistently match up with the business.
Check out other open positions on the Employment Opportunities section of the website.