Brand Manager Job Description
Role: Brand Manager, Progression Equipment
Reports To: Director
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: ASAP (flexible)
Application Deadline: 12 February 2016
Join us for an adventure…
The Progression Equipment Brand Manager is a key member of the Progression Equipment management team. Their primary focus will be to develop and deliver a coherent brand strategy in providing high quality equipment to the Thai and SE Asianmarkets. The role will cover functions of brand strategy, marketing and purchasing to ensure a consistent message is communicated across all client channels. Working closely with the director and progression equipment team members, the Brand Manager will cultivate an open and dynamic working environment and mentor team members as the organisation continues to grow. The Brand Manager will provide key support to the sales team ensuring that all necessary materials are available to achieve performance goals. The Brand Manager also has a key role in the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process. The Brand Manager oversees all marketing efforts and ensures the sales team has access to necessary materials to ensure sales targets are met.
Create your experience…
Sales and Marketing
- Oversee strategy and direction of each brand in all markets including.
- Develop pricing strategy that adapts to currency fluctuations and current market trends.
- Oversee the development of sales and marketing assets across all brands including print, digital, banners, web etc.
- Develop and implement brand specific marketing plans addressing traditional marketing, social media strategy, trade shows, ambassador / team program etc. that align with overall company and brand strategy.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to develop strategy for each sales channel across retail, wholesale and consignment customers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the progression group online store.
- Oversee the ordering process for all brands:
- Plan and schedule orders with suppliers.
- Determine appropriate product selection taking into account seasonal variations and current market trends.
- Maintain communication with suppliers regarding availability, backorders etc.
- Communicate order process with Sales and Inventory departments including changes, issues etc.
Operations & Finance
- Oversee the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Monitor monthly performance reports and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Coordinate with accounting department to ensure timely delivery of information, payments etc.
- Strategic Thinking
- Quality Awareness
- 5 years of work experience in sales & marketing, retail, distribution or related industry.
- Thai or foreign national
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of MS Office, iWork, Internet, Social Media, CRM software, WordPress
Preferred Field Experience
- High proficiency in written and spoken Thai
- Basic knowledge and experience with outdoor activities
Salary and Benefits
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with skills, experience and qualifications and includes generous benefits package with paid leave per year, health insurance and opportunities for development and advancement
CMRCA is a fast-growing dynamic organization working to raise consciousness about environmental sustainability and a more mindful world. We see a future in which authentic experience in the outdoors and living a healthy lifestyle is valued by society. We inspire organizations, communities and individuals to act sustainably and live healthy lives.
We are a family who is passionate about adventure, leadership, and culture. Everything we do is driven by our core values:
Think Like A Family
Love What You Do
Seek Growth and Development
CMRCA distributes outdoor products that are focused on providing quality technical, outdoor and adventure equipment to meet our vision is to make an outdoor, active, healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone. We represent and distribute some of the most respected outdoor brands around the world including Black Diamond, Sterling Rope, Klean Kanteen, Mad Rock Climbing, and Evolv Sports throughout Thailand and South East Asia.
CMRCA provides programming services in three key areas:
Adventure Programs – www.thailandclimbing.com
Features rock climbing, caving, and technical outdoor guiding and training services.
Experiential Education – www.progressionadventures.com
Programs for youth focus on personal development through adventure, leadership and intercultural experience.
Corporate Programs – www.progression-leadership.com
Provides leadership training and development opportunities to multi-national businesses, thai companies, and community organizations focused on developing their people.
Looking Ahead to the Future
CMRCA is working on re-branding the company under the name The Progression Group (theprogressiongroup.com). The Progression Group envisions a world that has progressed to a more advanced state ensuring everyone is mindful of our actions and maintaining a sustainable future. Our mission is to inspire this global awareness through adventure, leadership and authentic inter-cultural experience. Our core values provide the road map for how we behave and implement our strategy. The Progression Group has four key brands that help us work toward our vision. These are not yet complete and therefore the urls do not consistently match up with the business.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 February.