Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius
CMRCA is always looking to develop our favorite crag and 2015 was the year for Heart Wall. At REEL ROCK 9 in January 2015, we launched the Bolt Heart Wall campaign to raise funds to develop new routes on the left side of Heart Wall. Our community came together and raised over THB 70,000 to support the effort. The Left Ventricle is now beating with 16 new routes graded from 5c to 6c.
Bolt Heart Wall 2015 from CMRCA on Vimeo.
At Crag Clean-Up Day 2015, we came together to build a new trail for easier access to the Left Ventricle and all of Heart Wall. Access to Heart Wall is now shorter and easier. Thanks to everyone that supported the Bolt Heart Wall campaign both financially and bolting with us throughout the year.
Along with Heart Wall, we continued to re-bolt routes, replace anchors, and set new routes at old crags and potential new areas.
Our goals for crag development in 2016:
- Update the CMRCA Bolting Standards and Curriculum to become a guideline for future crag development in Thailand and to promote throughout the climbing community.
- Train and expand the CMRCA bolting team.
- Open two new areas at Crazy Horse.
- Expand existing areas like Buddha Buttress, Heart Wall, Roof Top, and Junkyard.
- Develop more multi-pitch terrain at Tamarind Village and Anxiety State Crisis Cave.
- Rebolting – a long term goal of zero expansion bolts at Crazy Horse in the future.
We are passionate about increasing accessibility and opportunities for climbing at Crazy Horse Buttress. Let us know what you would like to see and any feedback you have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.