You hope it doesn’t happen to you but if it does… It’s best to be prepared. Take a base managed self-rescue course and be ready for incidents that happen at the base of a climb. Who knows you just might save somebody’s life.
This course is essential for any serious climber. The key to safe climbing is risk management. Understanding the risks associated with the sport allow climbers to successfully prevent major accidents. However, accidents do happen and having the skills and knowledge in order to help an injured climber is the ultimate risk prevention technique.
In this course, you will learn how to perform self-rescue techniques at a base managed climbing site. Some typical scenarios might include.
- When a belayer gets hurt and you need to get them off belay quickly.
- When a climber gets hurt and you need to go up to assist them.
- When a climber gets hurt and you need to go up to assist them but the belayer is inexperienced in self-rescue.
- When a beginner climber is too scared to get lowered from the top of the climb and will not let go of the rock.
5,495 THB PER PERSON
* For private groups larger than 8 people please contact us for prices and availability
- Equipment for self rescue
- Unweighted belay escape
- Weighted belay escape
- Counter balanced ascension using mechanically assisted breaking device
- Pick Off
- Client care
This course is for intermediate to advanced climbers who are confident lead climbers that know climbing knots and how to use essential climbing equipment such as the mechanically assisted breaking devices (i.e. GriGri)
AMGA/WMA Certified Guide, climbing equipment, insurance for climbing, lunch, transportation to and from the activity site and the CMRCA office.
Hotel Pick up and drop off service available at checkout.
Your personal climbing gear if you have it (not required). Athletic Clothing, Closed Toed Shoes and Socks, Refillable Water Bottle, Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Camera, Snacks
07.00 – 07.30: Arrive at CMRCA
07.30 – 10.00: Transport to Climbing Site
10.00 – 12.00: Rock Climbing
12.00 – 13.00: Local Thai Lunch
13.00 – 15.00: Rock Climbing
15.00 – 17.30: Return to CMRCA