HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online by sending your resume and an optional cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us why you’d be a good fit for this position! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please submit applications by July 15th.
Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures (CMRCA) is seeking skilled and adventure-loving individuals to join our facilitation team for the upcoming high season. CMRCA facilitators are sustainably-focused leaders who love to live adventure, have a unique perspective and extensive knowledge of Thai culture, and a sincere passion for inspiring change and growth in the lives of others. Enthusiastic and passionate about leadership and social development, CMRCA staff help to foster an environment that encourages students to discover their passions and inspires them to make a difference in their communities, and in the world.
Together, our team delivers transformational experiences that spark personal development, build and strengthen a sense of community, and foster real-life skills of young participants who will grow up to be change-makers in the world.
The roles and responsibilities that may be expected of a CMRCA facilitator include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate personal development and team building activities that inspire students to challenge themselves and create a greater awareness of themselves and others
- Be able to facilitate and engage in debrief sessions, guide meaningful self-reflections, and lead group intention setting throughout the program
- Facilitate conflict resolution between students when needed
- Facilitate activities that engage youth in hands-on experiences with Thai people and culture
- Facilitate community development-oriented projects
- Follow and maintain CMRCA experiential education best practices and risk management practices
- CMRCA facilitators may be asked to assist in the on-going design and creation of CMRCA programs
- Provide logistical assistance to the Operations team
- Assist in designing and carrying out the program evaluation
- Share knowledge of facilitation challenges, best practices, etc.
- First Aid / Wilderness First Aid trained (CMRCA can provide training)
- Child Protection Certified (CMRCA can provide training)
- Strong communication and speaking abilities in English
- Flexible, solutions-oriented, outdoor-minded and enthusiastic
- Previous international group facilitation experience, particularly with cultural immersion, outdoor education, adventure travel or leadership training programs
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Fluency in the values and goals of conducting experiential education in a variety of adventure and outdoor settings
- Committed to working towards personal and professional development
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Minimum age of 21 years of age
- A sincere passion for working with youth
- Basic understanding of Risk Management practices
- Previous experience with IYA programs and expeditions
- Basic understanding of navigation and orienteering
- Previous experience in facilitating rock climbing or high ropes activities
- Previous experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking or hiking.
Program facilitation wage assigned dependent on level of expertise.
- Staff training: begins in early September
- Season Dates: Early September – Mid March