As you have no doubt noticed, most businesses that are reopening at this time are required to follow certain guidelines designed to protect staff members and customers, and to curb the spread of the COVID 19 illness.
As CMRCA reopens and we begin to allow customers to return and climb at our facility, we too will be implementing some new guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone who comes in.
A lot of what we will be doing is very similar to what you may have seen already at restaurants, malls, and other public spaces. Some of the more general policies we are enacting will include:
- providing alcohol hand sanitiser stations throughout our facility
- limiting the entrance point and having the standard QR scan sign in/sign out station upon entering
- requiring all staff and customers to wear a mask when at our facility
- checking customers’ temperature upon arrival
What you likely won’t see going on behind the scenes is that we will also be monitoring and recording all our staff’s temperature when they arrive at work, as well as sanitising all surfaces and all equipment throughout each day.
In order for us to be in compliance with government regulations and recommendations from relevant authorities, there are a few things we would like to request of all of our customers when joining us at our facility:
- Please be sure to reserve a spot at the bouldering wall in advance with us so we can limit the number of people who enter our space at any given time to just 8 customers.
- We will continue to provide filtered drinking water from our water fountain, but we ask that you bring your own water bottle or cup.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of a cold, flu or fever, or have an internal temperature above 37.5 degrees celsius we respectfully request that you stay at home.
- For the time being, we will not be renting or providing any climbing equipment (shoes, chalk bags, brushes, etc.) so we do request that you bring your own gear.
- Lastly, please be sure to wear a mask for the duration of your visit, including while climbing. We know it’s not the most comfortable thing to wear while climbing, but this will go a long way in preventing the spread of illness, and making other customers feel comfortable while they visit our facility.
Finally, as the CMRCA shop and bouldering wall is classified as a fitness centre, in order for us to reopen and allow customers to return and use our facility there are several more specific policies that we will be enacting which will include:
- limiting access to the bouldering wall to maximum 8 people at any given time, and for only 2 hours at a time for each customer
- requiring customers to bring their own climbing equipment (chalk, climbing shoes, brush, etc.)
- requiring customers to wash their hands with alcohol gel upon arrival, and before and after climbing each route
- restricting use of the bouldering wall to 2 climbers at a time (1 climber for each side of the wall), and requiring customers/climbers to maintain a distance of 2 meters apart from one another
We would like to thank you in advance for respecting these policies, and for doing your part to protect yourself as well as others. If you have any questions or concerns regarding CMRCA’s COVID 19 prevention policies, please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime.
To make a reservation to climb at our bouldering wall, please reach out to us on facebook, on Line (cmrcaadventurestore) or email us at [email protected]
Fuel Your Progression