A full day course teaching you the basics to set up top rope climbs on your own.
The jump to climbing outdoors can be intimidating. However top rope climbing is one of the safest adventure activities you can participate in if you know what you’re doing. We can help you identify which crags are accessible for top rope, help you setup rope anchors without the need to lead climb and retrieve all your gear safely at the end of the day.
Our MGA (American Mountain Guide Association) trained climbing guides will teach you the skills to mitigate risk at the crag and ensure you have the best day of self sufficient climbing fun!
Don’t mistake climbing strength for safety skill! If you want to go top-rope climbing with your friends and family it’s best to be confident you are safe and secure at the crag. Our guides can teach and review your top-rope technique so you can be more confident in your own skills while climbing outdoors.
- Starts at THB 3,995 per person
This course is designed for a beginner to intermediate climber with little to no outdoor climbing experience.
AMGA/WMA trained guide, climbing equipment, insurance for climbing, lunch, water, transportation to and from the activity site from Progression Vertical.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off service is available at checkout. Additional charges apply.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) — we’d be happy to help!
- Rope management
- Setting up Top Rope climbs
- Climbing Movement
- Crag hazard recognition and mitigation
- Equipment for climbing outdoors
- Essential knots and hitches for outdoor climbing
- PBUS belay
- Bolt evaluation
- Basic anchor systems
- Route finding
- Cleaning climbs at the end of the day
Athletic clothing, closed-toed shoes and socks, refillable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, camera, and snacks.
- 08.00 – 08.15: Arrive at Progression Vertical ☀️
- 08.30 – 09.30: Transport to climbing site 🚐
- 09.30 – 12.00: Morning Instructional session 🧗
- 12.00 – 13.00: Local Thai lunch 🍽
- 13.00 – 16.30: Afternoon climbing session 🧗♀️
- 16:30 – 17.30: Return to Progression Vertical 🚐