Austere Advanced First Aid is a comprehensive medical training designed for remote professionals or wilderness leaders who venture into remote and challenging environments.
Austere Medicine differs significantly from standard first aid courses and other training that is oriented toward urban environments. This course teaches how to manage medical emergencies when hospitals and rescue services may not be available for an extended time period. We prepare students for emergency situations that involve prolonged patient care, severe environments, and improvised equipment.
September 22-25, 2024
LocationRescue Park Chiang Mai / Progression Vertical Climbing Gym
Upon successful completion, students will receive certification in Austere Advanced First Aid and Adult CPR from AEMED. Certification is valid for three years.
More information about course specifics is available on the AEMED website.
- No prior experience is required to take the Austere Advanced First Aid course.
- Students must be at least 16 years old with parental consent.
Successful completion with certification is based on 100% attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. We are committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.
This is a 4-day course and runs from 08:00-18:00 each day (Total 36 hours classroom time)
This course is designed for remote professionals or wilderness leaders who work or venture into challenging and remote environments. If you are someone who spends extended periods of time in remote or austere environments where medical facilities or rescue services may not be readily available, then this course is for you.
- Anatomy & Physiology of Staying Alive
- Scene & Primary Assessments
- Basic Life Support & CPR
- Life-Threatening Bleeding
- Secondary Assessment
- The Circulatory System & Associated Life Threats
- The Respiratory System & Associated Life Threats
- The Nervous System & Associated Life Threats
- Spine Anatomy
- Lifting, Moving, & Extraction
- The Musculoskeletal System & Common Injuries
- Spine Injury Evaluation
- General Environmental Medicine
- Submersion Injury
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis
- Wounds & Burns
- General Austere Medicine
- Mass Casualty Simulation
- Teaching materials
- Lunch, coffee, tea, and snacks
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Equipment you might use in your outdoor activities
**Our course requires a minimum of 6 participants to run.
** If we fail to meet the minimum enrollment threshold, all customers who signed up will receive a full refund.
**Groups are welcome to inquire about the possibility of organizing a private session.