The only way to get to Crazy Horse is to drive. It is roughly 36 km from Chiang Mai and should take no more than 45 minutes. An easy and convenient way to enjoy the crag is to use Progression Vertical’s daily transportation service.
Progression Crag Transportation:
What? Red trucks (songtaews) that seat 10.
When? Everyday. The red trucks leave the Progression Vertical in the morning at 8:30, and leave the crag at 16:30, so you can get in a full day of cranking.
How? Come visit the gym (at the LATEST by 7:30 pm the night before) to sign up and choose your lunch. Then just show up in the morning ready to roll (with your reusable water bottle)! Or book online here!
Includes? Round trip transportation (same day only) from Progression to Crazy Horse Buttress and drinking water, local lunch in a reusable box.
Price? 495 Baht/ person (discounts available for C³ Climbing Club members)
Other Transportation Options
For more information on private transportation and returning on a different day, stop by the shop!
- Transportation to and from the crag
- Local lunch served in a reusable box
- Accident insurance
- An opportunity to chat with climbers from all over the world
- The opportunity to support local drivers and restauranteurs
- Climbing Equipment (If you are renting equipment please reserve a minimum of 1 day before so we can leave on time)
- Guiding and instruction (please ensure you are an experienced climber for this service)
- Guidebooks (these are available for purchase or rent)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
08.00 - 08.15: Arrive at Progression Vertical
08.30 – 9.30: Transport to Crazy Horse
09.30 – 16.30: Free Time at the Crag (lunch will be delivered around 1230) 16.30 – 17.30: Return to Progression Vertical