The best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short term wilderness endeavors and pursuits.
Wilderness First Aid is a two-day introduction to general medical concepts and basic life support skills. It is targeted to the outdoor enthusiast on day trips or short adventures. The course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience.
Upon successful completion candidates will receive 3 year internationally recognized certification in Wilderness First Aid and Adult CPR.
More information about course specifics is available on the WMA website.
- The course will be taught in both English and Thai. Materials will be in English.
- No prior experience is required to take the WFA course.
- Students must be at least 16 years old with parental consent.
- 7-8 March 2020: Chiang Mai, Thailand
***Registration cutoff date is 29 February!
***Please note that the date listed on the calendar is the starting date of the course
- Patient Assessment System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Fractures, Stable Injuries
- Splints 1-Extremities
- Hyperthermia and Heat Illness
- Near Drowning
- Lightning Injuries
- Wounds and Burns
- Lifting, Moving Extrication
- Patient Carries
- Backcountry Medicine
- Teaching materials
- Coffee, tea, and snacks
- 10% off purchase at CMRCA Adventure Store
- 500 THB off additional courses
- One day bouldering gym pass
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Comfortable clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Equipment you might use in your outdoor activities
If you lead or participate in seasonal outdoor activities or spend time in the outdoors and are looking for relevant first aid training, this course is for you!
Lunch is not provided but can be purchased on the day of the course for 100 THB. Accommodation is available, please email us for more information.