Wilderness Advanced First Aid is comprehensive medical training designed for remote professionals or wilderness leaders who venture into remote and challenging environments.
Wilderness Medicine differs significantly from standard first aid courses and other training that is oriented toward urban environments. This course teaches how to manage medical emergencies when hospitals and rescue services may not be available for an extended time period. We prepare students for emergency situations that involve prolonged patient care, severe environments, and improvised equipment.
Upon successful completion candidates will receive certification in Wilderness Advanced First Aid and Adult CPR.
No prior experience is required to take the WAFA course. Students must be at least 16 years old. Space is limited.
- Materials will be in English with Thai powerpoint.
- Food is not included.
- Please visit the CMRCA office if you would like to sign up and pay in person.
More information about course specifics is available on the WMA website.
- 17-20 March 2020: Chiang Mai, Thailand (Thai Language Only)
***Registration cutoff date is 10 March!
***NOTE: Your booking date will be the first day of your four consecutive day program.
- Patient Assessment System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Fractures, Stable Injuries
- Splints 1-Extremities
- Hyperthermia and Heat Illness
- Near Drowning
- Lightning Injuries
- Wounds and Burns
- Lifting, Moving Extrication
- Patient Carries
- Backcountry Medicine
- Teaching materials
- Coffee, tea, and snacks
- 10% off purchase at CMRCA Adventure Store
- 500 THB off additional courses
- One day bouldering gym pass
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Comfortable clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Equipment you might use in your outdoor activities
If you are working in a remote setting for an extended period of time and want to be prepared for a variety of medical emergencies then this is the course for you!
Lunch is not provided, but can be purchased on the day of the course for 80 THB.